Through my sales training, consulting and speaking, I often get asked about different kinds of resources. Here are a few that I mentioned on a webinar that may be helpful to you. Of course, if you have any questions about any of these, or are looking for something you don’t see here, you can contact me directly: email, text, call 732 422 6362 (international 001 732 422 6362) or use the short form on this page.
How’s your website doing?
Some websites need a little help, and others need to be replaced. Remember, a new website or refresh usually costs less than the business you’re already losing with your current site!
- If you think you just need a website review, to give you ideas how to improve the user experience and conversion, I can help with that. Click here for my website review information and pricing
Website Review Information
- If you’d rather read up on some ideas, my book “If Your Website Was An Employee, Would You Fire It?” may help
Get Alan's Books
If you’re ready for a new website or need help with SEO or your Google Business Listing…
- I’ve known Brian Lawrence for over 20 years and he has deep wedding/event industry experience and can give you ideas and a quote for a new site.
- If you tell Brian that I referred you, he’ll have me “Alanyze” your new site before you get it, at no extra charge to you!
- Here’s the link the Brian shared in the webinar for Neil Patel’s recommendations for SEO, etc. www.neilpatel.com/ubersuggest
- Contact Brian@BrianLawrence.com or call 201-446-1038
Caterers and Venues that Cater – stop paying too much for your food and supplies!
Helping you profit more is a cornerstone of my consulting and training. I met the folks from SB Value at the catersource conference last year, and many prominent caterers I know were singing their praises, telling me how much they were saving on their food costs, clearly one of your biggest expenses. The concept is simple: the companies that spend the most, have the most leverage to get the best pricing. No matter how big or small your catering company is, you simply aren’t getting the absolute lowest price, because there’s always someone bigger than you.
How does it work?
What I learned about is a GPO – Group Purchasing Organization – where you join with other companies to get better pricing. In this case, this group buys over $5 Billion per year, so they’ve obviously going to get the best pricing. One of my catering clients in California was just shown that she can save 25% over what she was spending, on the same items! Another client in New York City, who was already bidding his buying out to 4 companies, is going to save 10% to 14%. All of that savings goes right to your P&L’s PROFIT line!
To find out how much you can save, let SB Value do a comparison of actual invoices, so they can show you, item by item, how much you’ll save. Contact Clint Elkins, call 980-429-0398, email Clint@wegrowvalue.com or click the button belowFind out how much you can save
“ I think one of the main differences in your training is that our team left that day with strategies that they can immediately implement.“ – Steve Sanchez, The JDK Group, Camp Hill, PA
“ Alan just helped me rethink the entire way I do business. Seriously!“ – Sarah Petryk, Allium Floral Design, Fountain Hill, PA
If you have one or more venues and you want to be able to give amazing Virtual Tours – and a 50% off incentive!
- I’m on the advisory board of VisitingMedia because their product TrueTour® takes immersive media to a new level. You’ll have 360º views, 3D modeling and much more. My favorite parts are the engagement tracking, so you’ll know when your customers are actually interacting and viewing your content. That will show you who your more interested prospects are so you can do better follow up.
- I’ve asked my friends at VisitingMedia to put together a special offer for you, to make it more affordable to have their immersive media platform for virtual tours, at a price you can afford. They’ve come through, big time, at 50% off for a limited time. To see more click here or the button below.
Start Saving every time you buy something with Acorns
- I was introduced to Acorns a few years ago by a friend. It rounds up your purchases and saves the round ups to an account. Then, I found that you can also have it save a fixed amount per day, week or month. I was able to pay off my wife’s car in half the time, pay off my son’s student loans and more, but having this extra, passive savings.
- Check it out and you can get $5 free if you sign up (I’ll get $5 also for referring you)
- Start investing with Acorns today! Get $5 when you use my invite link: https://www.acorns.com/invite/5N7ZWC
Read any good books lately? Here’s some of my bookshelf…
I didn’t originally have links to my books, but so many of your asked, I’ve added them here:
- You can find my books here. My books are also on Audible and Kindle, y todos mis libros disponible en español.
Here are some books that I’ve read and enjoyed, that you might also like. Many of them are authors that I know personally and I often give these books to my friends and clients as gifts. I tend to do audio books on Audible, as I get to “read” more that way. These all have links to their Amazon page where you can get the book in the format you prefer:
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine – Mike Michalowicz https://amzn.to/2Wwsrug
- Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth – Jay Baer, Daniel Lemin https://amzn.to/2Wxgy7s
- All about Them: Grow Your Business by Focusing on Others – Bruce Turkel https://amzn.to/2IYZ6km
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating as if Your Life Depended on It – Chris Voss https://amzn.to/3a2R9X8
- Amaze Every Customer Every Time: 52 Tools for Delivering the Most Amazing Customer Service on the Planet – Shep Hyken https://amzn.to/391Umot
- The Convenience Revolution: How to Deliver a Customer Service Experience that Disrupts the Competition and Creates Fierce Loyalty – Shep Hyken https://amzn.to/3dgEEJD
- The New Art of Capturing Love: The Essential Guide to Lesbian and Gay Wedding Photography – Kathryn Hamm, Thea Dodds https://amzn.to/2J2VqOu
- The Business of Gay Weddings: A Guide for Wedding Professionals – Bernadette Smith https://amzn.to/33wbdig
- High-Profit Prospecting: Powerful Strategies to Find the Best Leads and Drive Breakthrough Sales Results – Mark Hunter https://amzn.to/3b7hJOW
- Beyond Referrals: How to Use the Perpetual Revenue System to Convert Referrals into High-Value Clients – Bill Cates https://amzn.to/2xNkXbZ
- The 10¢ Decision: How Small Change Pays Off Big – Laurie Guest https://amzn.to/2xe7DNs
“ Since you came two weeks ago, I have sold four more weddings. I was getting ghosted a lot and struggling to get people to come in for appointments. Not anymore!” – Ellen Quinn, Penn Oaks Golf Club, West Chester, PA
“ Alan found points in my business that were really dragging me down personally, but that I hadn’t really been able to articulate.” – Sarah Petryk, Allium Floral Design, Fountain Hill, PA
When I get video testimonials or make short promo videos, I often use my iPhone. Good sound is very important and I’ve found a few tools that work well for me. Good light is important too, but that’s often easier to control than sound. Here are some of the tools I’ve used:
- PowerDeWise Lavalier Microphone for iPhone – this has the lightning connector for iPhones: https://amzn.to/3a8KniB
- Stony-Edge SIMPLE LAV- MOBILE Condenser Lavalier/Lapel Microphone for iPhone & Android Smartphones – this has a 3.5mm connector so it’s for Android and older iPhones https://amzn.to/2UlP02k
- Movo PM20 Dual-Headed Lavalier Lapel Clip-on Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone – this has TWO microphones with one 3.5mm connector, for when you’re doing an interview or recording a couple – https://amzn.to/2Ulp5Yx
- Arkon SPLEDRING Rechargeable LED Clip On Selfie Ring Light – this is what I use for a selfie light or when I need a little fill in light when filming with my iPhone – https://amzn.to/2wg2eFT
- BlitzWolf Lightweight Aluminum All in One Extendable Phone Tripod Selfie Stick Bluetooth with Remote – I use this for selfies from the stage as well as for a small tripod for my promo videos – https://amzn.to/3bemS81
- Animoto – I use this to make my videos look professional. The tools are super-easy – www.Animoto.com
- Camtasia – For more advanced editing, but still easy to use, I’ve been using Camtasia for years – https://www.techsmith.com/video-editor.html
Write a Book
The first rule is don’t write a book, just write words. It’s the editing that makes it into a book. You can self-publish your book, yes even if you only want one copy. Here are a few resources to look into:
- Amazon has a print-on-demand service: KDP Publishing
- Ingram-Spark is another print-on-demand resource (I’ve used them to print books in other countries instead of shipping there)
- You’ll want to use a professional graphic designer for the cover and interior design so it looks professional. If you need a referral, just contact me directly: email, text, call 732 422 6362 (international 001 732 422 6362) or use the short form on this page.
“ I am so thankful we had Alan review our website, give his insight, and share his wealth of knowledge with us. I know it was a great investment for our wedding business!“ – Nicole Wade, Sawyer Family Farmstead, Glenville, NC
Have Virtual Meetings
Some people can’t or won’t be able to meet with you, and given the technology we have available today, that won’t be a problem. Here are some of the resources I use, or recommend, so you can use today’s technologies to conduct business without having to be in-person with your client.
- I’ve been using Join.me to do my website reviews for years. I have the Pro plan so I can not only share my screen, I can even record the whole session, what we see and say, so my clients can review the calls later.
- I use Zoom for my webinars, as do many of my clients
- You can have virtual meetings with FaceTime, Google Hangouts, Skype and even WhatsApp
Learn a new language
I never thought I’d speak another language… that is, until I decided to make it a priority. Here are a few of the resources I used to learn Spanish:
- Rosetta Stone – you’ll learn to read, write, speak and understand (note: I did this while on my treadmill)
Learn Spanish: Rosetta Stone Bonus Pack Bundle https://amzn.to/2wg04WN
Pimsleur – this is an audio program that’s used by universities and governments (note: I did this while driving)
Pimsleur Spanish Conversational Course – Level 1 Lessons 1-16 https://amzn.to/33AEGr6
- Paul Noble – Learn Spanish with Paul Noble for Beginners – Complete Course: Spanish Made Easy with Your Personal Language Coach https://amzn.to/3bbtbsY
- Audible has many different language learning programs. One of my favorites is by Paul Noble (above). I like the way he teaches and I’m now using it to learn French.